M&D Playhouse’s Theatre Arts Studio aims to nurture students of all ages, at all stage, by offering a variety of educational and performance opportunities, and seeks to empower life skills through the shared experience of theatre.
Why a Theatre Arts Education?
- Students involved in drama performance coursework or experience outscored non-arts students on the 2005 SAT by an average of 65 points in the verbal component and 34 in the math component.
- Drama activities improve reading comprehension, and both verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Drama helps to improve school attendance and reduce high school dropout rates.
- A 2005 Harris Poll revealed that 93% of the public believes that arts, including theatre, are vital to a well-rounded education.
- Drama can improve skills and academic performance in children and youth with learning disabilities.As extracted from American Alliance for Theatre and Education.
To register, you have several options:
- Sign up online. (*Prefered Method*)
Workshop and Classes Registration
- Contact M&D Playhouse at (603) 733-5275 to register over the phone.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.